Do you love writing and have a passion for community development and a strong interest in NGOs? Then apply now.
Based in Arusha, Tanzania.
- Contribute to the development and annual review of the BSJ communications plan, calendar and annual workflow program.
- Update sponsors on the progress of their sponsored CSY intern/s and/or Tertiary scholar/s.
- Record all Sponsor Beyond communications correctly in CiviCRM.
- Participate in visits to interns and scholars to collect information for communications.
- Draft email templates and content for communication with existing and new sponsors of interns and scholars.
- Provide information and templates to the Supporter Relations team for communications to VIP’s of interns and scholars.
- Develop new and innovative ideas to engage sponsors and improve sponsorship retention and renewal cycle.
- Review and update BSJ communications procedures.
- Identify solutions to sponsor issues in consultation with HOD, Beyond St Jude’s, and Head of Sponsor Relations for VIPS’s.
- Effectively record and maintain sponsor, intern and scholar records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support BSJ’s intern and scholar sponsor allocation strategy; advise on correct allocation of packages and maintain accurate records.
- Effectively work with and communicate across all business and academic teams.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
- Participate in House Checks as requested by Community Relations team.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Manager and Founding Director.
Skills and Required Experience
- Degree or Masters in relating to the job.
- Able to work independently under general supervision.
- At least one year of work experience in a relevant field.
- Ability to set and meet objectives.
- Ability to set personal schedules to meet team timelines.
- Ability to lead small projects over short-term and longer time frames.
- Ability to support and mentor other team members in communication.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, databases, and Indesign).