Spinal Life Australia is a non-profit organisation that aims to support people with spinal cord damage to live an accessible, equitable and empowered life. We are striving to be a national leader, with offices located across Queensland and Western Australia! Now operating in a competitive landscape as a NDIS provider, with more than 2,200 clients and members, there's never been a better time to join Spinal Life Australia. We are currently seeking a Physiotherapist to be our Service Establishment and Review Coordinator on a full-time basis.
What is this role about?
This is an exciting new role at Spinal Life Australia! As our organisation grows, we are wanting to hone in our expert knowledge to really benefit our new and current clients to give them the very best experience we can offer!
The purpose of this role is to provide Personal Support and Home Care Services with an expert opinion, drawing upon your knowledge as a physiotherapist to make clinical recommendations when reviewing the initial assessment and management of new client referrals.
What will I be doing?
- You will be responsible fro coordinating and overseeing the new client referral process for our organisation. You will assess and provide expert service establishment recommendations
- You will be managing the service establishment team, consisting of: a Client Service Officer and an Intake Personal Support Worker.
- You will work closely with the Workplace Assessor (Physiotherapist) to co-ordinate and review, risk assessment of potential and existing clients in the areas of: personal support routines, manual handling, therapeutic/exercise programs, equipment assessments and have a knowledge of wheelchair scripting and prescriptions.
- You will be responsible for developing Individual Support plans.
- If needed you will need to develop specialised training in consultant with the client, Spinal Injuries Unit (SIU), Workplace Assessor and other internal and external stakeholders
We're looking for someone:
- Tertiary qualifications in Physiotherapy
- Current AHPRA Registration
- Work experience as a physiotherapist
- Experience working with people with spinal chord damage
- Advanced manual handling skills
- Experience in the human service delivery in the community sector
Why work with us at Spinal Life Australia?
This is your opportunity to really make a difference - in the marketing team, in our organisation and in our clients' lives.
Apply now and you'll also enjoy all the benefits of working with Spinal Life Australia, including:
- Ongoing training and development - we say it because we actually do it. !
- Salary packaging arrangements that can increase your take-home pay!!
- Real work/life balance
- Working in a team where your expertise is recognised and your contribution truly valued.
- We have BBQ's, big team meetings and regular round tables where we celebrate our successes!
- Convenient Woolloongabba Location, close to public transport, parking and some really good coffee shops!