- Pivotal role facilitating one of our key programs
- Make a genuine difference to the lives of some of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and their families
- Located in Taree, NSW
- Casual role
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education and create better futures for themselves.
The Passport to Success Facilitator acts as a pivotal role within The Smith Family, empowering students to implement learning through the delivery of school-based group sessions in a constructive, supportive and informative manner.
A day in the life of a Passport to Success Facilitator might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Facilitating an engaging session to school students transitioning to secondary school
- Delivering program content utilising computer/electronic and paper formats
- Delivering session plans and activities in a manner that is responsive to participant needs and enhances engagement
- Program administration including collecting participant attendance and all administrative reporting as required by Analyst, Program Implementation and Program Coordinator
- Managing a professional relationship with participants, schools and internal staff according to program and organisational requirements
It takes a special kind of person to be one of our Passport to Success Facilitators. The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated qualifications and/or experience in the delivery of training programs or classroom-based learning
- A current drivers’ license, access to a vehicle and a willingness to travel up to one hour each way to deliver the program sessions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with people from various backgrounds
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills with the ability to manage your time effectively
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family means they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values, and engage in effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.