- Growing organisation
- Strong, supportive and committed team
- Exciting benefits and opportunities for professional development
Safe Places is a housing and intensive support service for children in care aged between 10 and 18 who are unable to be placed in foster families or group residential, generally due to high level or extreme support needs.
Safe Places for Children has a vacancy for a Quality & Systems Manager based in our Melbourne office.
The Quality and Systems team is responsible for assisting the Safe Places for Children team to achieve excellence. This is done through ensuring services are delivered within the "Vision and Values Statement", policies and procedures, legislative requirements, licensing and organisational requirements.
- Permanent full-time position
- Base annual salary starting at $75 275 with career pathway
- Salary sacrificing packaging to increase your take home pay
- Annual bonus of AUD $1,000
- Allowance paid for use of personal laptop, internet and mobile phone usage
- Regular training and professional development provided
- Five weeks leave per year (plus 17.5% leave loading)
- Strong, supportive and committed team within a growing organisation
Quality and Systems Manager Position Description
- Work closely with area manager and area quality and systems manager to ensure smooth running of the area and creating capacity to grow the Area.
- Liaise with Department of Health and Human Services with the Area Manager and Area Quality and Systems Manager
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of DHHS licensing and organisation standards are met (e.g. reporting of critical information, reportable conduct within required time frames).
- Have a solid understanding of Departmental reporting systems which includes Critical Information Management System and CRISP.
- Ensure the development and documentation of policy, procedures and resources are in line with state legislation and internal processes.
- Provide clinical guidance and support of the positive behaviour support plans for the young people.
- Coaching staff (case management, child protection, behaviour support plans, recruiting, reporting, supervising and performance managing staff, meeting requirements for compliance with licensing standards, creating sense of structure in the home).
- Provide Training to new employees in both accredited and non-accredited training
- Complete monthly internal placement audits
- Ability to genuinely embrace the Safe Places for Children values of professional, passionate, united, supportive and responsive
- Qualification in Youth or Community services
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role required
- Minimum 6 months experience in the same industry highly valued (Child, Youth and Family Services, and Child protection)
- Proven understanding of the Department of Health and Human Services in Child, Youth and Family Services procedures, reporting requirements and Victorian child protection legislations
- Proven ability to lead the service through the accreditation and monitoring of DHHS statutory requirements
- High level confidence with learning computer-based systems and programs including Microsoft office, internet explorer skills and some excel skills
- High level interpersonal skills (approachable, diplomatic, sensitive, articulate)
- High level written skills
- Willingness to undergo departmental screening processes and national police check
- Compliance with "Working with Children Card" requirements
- Current open driver’s license
See position description at www.safeplaces.com.au.