Your future Workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
Your new role
Our Op Shops are directly responsible for raising vital funds required to sustain Sacred Heart Mission’s many programs and services. You will be responsible for the management of the op shop program and for ensuring that budgets, strategic objectives, operational efficiency and legislative requirements are met, and the team are well supported. You will also assist in developing business opportunities and social enterprises that are in line with the organisational values and are a fit with the organisational business model.
In line with our ten-year strategic plan you will be oversee:
- The delivery of the SHM growth agenda for the op shops and social enterprises.
- Supporting Area Coordinators and marketing initiatives to empower stores, cultivate teamwork, maximise donations and build on brand to ensure the best possible results for SHM.
- The drive for greater net margin through increased sales, return on space, customer numbers and improved operational efficiency.
- Leading the continuous improvement ethos for the op shops team and managing the development and execution of an op shops work plan.
You will also research, develop and implement sustainable business opportunities and/or social enterprises which add value to the SHM op shop’ and organisational brand.
We're looking for
- Proven business acumen and ability to implement new business enterprises
- Experience in effective retail models and operations
- A leadership approach that inspires support and encourages teams to achieve their best results
- Team-focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
You can look forward to
- Being a part of a well-established, successful and highly engaged team
- Really putting your business and leadership skills to good use
- Making a positive difference for the people we support and the wider community
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Access to in-house training
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
A full Position Description is attached below.