- Part Time – 21 hours per week
South Eastern Community Connect is a community based not for profit organisation that has operated for over 40 years within the Bayside, City of Sydney and Randwick LGAs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to facilitate community engagement programs, lead outreach services in the community and use your administration and time management skills. You will work as part of a team to develop and deliver innovative community strengthening and community support programs with a focus on early intervention programs which support children, young people, families and the most vulnerable members of our community.
- Relevant three year degree with one years relevant experience in Community Development, Social Work or equivalent.
- Previous experience in community development roles working with people who have experienced marginalisation, disadvantage or vulnerabilities such as but not limited to; mental health concerns, AOD concerns, social isolation and financial disadvantaged, migration, Domestic or Family Violence, Educational or employment concerns, family breakdown or parenting concerns etc.
- Demonstrated ability to network and work co-operatively with other organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a varied work environment.
- Demonstrated Experience in contributing towards the development of work methods and the setting of outcomes for the effective delivery of community programs and events.
- Demonstrated ability to provide administrative support of a complex nature to senior employees e.g. Grant writing including basic research or collection of data, outcome framework development etc. Ability to apply computer programming knowledge and skills in systems development, maintenance and implementation.
- Previous experience in establishing, resourcing, facilitating and supporting community groups of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in group work and community program facilitation
- Ability to facilitate community events and festivals which inform, engage and resource individuals.
- Previous experience in programme planning, development, reporting and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and produce promotional material or strategies which supports the delivery of community programs.
- Car licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Experience in empowering individuals/communities to actively participate in and lead community activities and initiatives.
- Ability to speak a community language.
- Understanding of the demographics across the 3 LGA’s and issues facing the target group and/ or ability to quickly gain this information/knowledge.
- Bus Licence.
Common Selection Criteria
- Knowledge of EEO, WHS and Anti-Discrimination
Employment at the South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and a Working with Children Check. This position is being advertised under the SCHADS Award, Level 3.3.