At Royal Far West, we believe that every child has the right to access the services they need to thrive and grow, no matter where they live. From our base opposite Manly beach in Sydney, we provide multidisciplinary health and wellbeing services for children from rural and remote Australia with developmental, behavioural, learning and mental health difficulties. Through our range of programs and innovative service delivery models we are changing the landscape for health services in Australia.
We are passionate about working with our rural and remote children, their families and local service providers to provide high quality services and support that changes trajectories. In joining our dynamic and growing team, you will help us expand and innovate to support over 100,000 country kids to access the care they need and realise their potential.
Royal Far West is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
About the role
This is a wonderful opportunity for a talented, professional individual, who is looking to make a difference, to join the Royal Far West team on our journey of growth and innovation and make a genuine difference in the lives of some of Australia’s rural and remote children.
The Head of Programs / General Manager is responsible for overseeing all Royal Far West’ s health and disability programs, including:
- the Paediatric Developmental Program (specialist multi-disciplinary health program)
- Telecare for Kids (telehealth assessment and therapy service)
- Windmill (NDIS disability service).
Reporting to the Health Director, you will help shape strategy and lead effective delivery of these programs, ensuring each one is delivered in line with contracts, targets and budget.
This is a senior role with significant opportunity to grow, shape and innovate.
You will have a business and customer service mindset, with experience managing programs and service delivery operations, ideally in a health setting. A keen understanding of and commitment to ensuring high quality program outcomes is essential.
- Develop and maintain a strong program management framework across all programs, which provides clarity and transparency in program delivery and drives performance across both financial and quality outcomes
- Ensure programs are well resourced to deliver efficiently and effectively, supporting program managers to negotiate clinical resource levels with each team and monitoring utilisation and productivity, and prioritising resources across programs where necessary.
- Lead and support individual program managers and support functions, working to create a high performing and supportive culture across the teams
- With the Health Director and Program Managers, set Program strategy and lead on annual planning across volumes, resource requirements, costs and revenue
- With clinical staff, program staff and the Research and Innovation team, identify and implement initiatives to improve efficiency and quality across the program portfolio and act as a key partner on service redesign projects.
- Define, monitor and manage program objectives, performance targets and budgets, working with the BI and Finance teams to ensure regular, effective reporting is in place.
- Support the Head of Service Partnerships and the Business Directorate to identify and secure new funding and business opportunities in order to achieve program objectives and targets and manage key service partnerships.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualification in health management, clinical, business or a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in a service, operations or program leadership role with a track record in successfully managing a complex portfolio of projects
- Experience in leadership and people management, with a focus on developing and supporting relationships within an interdisciplinary team
- Experience developing and managing to operational performance targets, and managing individual program budgets in excess of $1 million
- A customer service mindset, with the ability to understand and balance client experience, quality and financial outcomes
- Demonstrable experience in setting strategy, end to end business planning and process and system design/improvement to support effective service delivery
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, able to build, lead and inspire strong, resilient teams and to build credibility and influence across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive and action orientated professional attitude and approach with the ability to generate ideas, think innovatively, challenge the status quo and problem solve
- A good understanding of health sector, education and/or disability systems in Australia, and knowledge of contemporary issues and funding models
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to children’s health in rural and remote communities
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary clinical programs and/or health programs
- Experience in the not for profit sector
The successful applicant will be required to provide a current Working with Children Check.
Where we are:
Located in beautiful Manly, we can be accessed by bus, ferry or car.
For more information go to https://www.royalfarwest.org.au/contact/.
An attractive commercial equivalent package of $155,000 - $175,000 (including 9.5% superannuation and salary packaging (SP) benefits) depending on experience. Please note the SP amount is an estimate and may change depending on your tax deductions.
Salary packing allows part of your wages to be paid as a reimbursement of your personal expenses and no income tax is payable on this money. In effect, part of your wage is paid tax free each pay day.
For more information go to: https://www.salary.com.au.
Work life balance
At Royal Far West we acknowledge the diverse commitments of our employees outside of work and can offer flexible working arrangements to accommodate the needs of these individuals.