- Work for Victoria’s leading animal welfare charity
- Inspire our supporters to support our vision to end cruelty to animals
- Fixed-term full-time contract role for 12 months
- Located in Burwood East
About the RSPCA
We are a leading animal welfare charity that works to end cruelty to all animals. Our purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, animal care and protection. We achieve this by actively promoting their care and protection through awareness campaigns and education programs. Across Victoria we offer community services including the work undertaken by our Inspectorate, veterinary clinics and animal care teams.
About the role
An exciting role has been created for a Pet Legacy Fundraising Coordinator to join RSPCA Victoria’s fundraising team!
As our Pet Legacy Fundraising Coordinator, you will primarily be responsible for developing, promoting and growing RSPCA Victoria’s new pet legacy service: Home Ever After Program, in order to increase the contribution from gifts in Wills, enabling us to achieve our vision of ending cruelty to all animals.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include
- Leading a team of two staff members as well as volunteers to the highest levels of engagement and job satisfaction
- Developing, promoting and growing the Home Ever After Program by actively engaging with internal and external stakeholders to increase awareness and engagement of the program
- Continuously seeking new avenues to help grow and improve the program, which may include speaking at community events
- Leading all activities associated with the delivery of the Home Ever After Program
- Developing and nurturing positive relationships with registered and potential supporters
- Assessing the level of interest and commitment from pet owners to include a gift in their Will to RSPCA Victoria, and inspire them to include a gift in their Will
- Improving the effectiveness of procedures and processes used to inspire increased levels of registration
The salary range for this role is $70,592 – $79,416 per annum inclusive of superannuation, depending upon the candidate’s level of skills, experience and knowledge associated with the role.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive customer service or fundraising relationship management experience with the ability to communicate with empathy and understanding
- Ability to provide overall program management, strategic thinking and ensure effective administrative processes
- Experience leading and supporting a team of employees and volunteers
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment and working independently
- Proficient in Excel and experienced in data spreadsheets and data management
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite and internal data management systems
- Experience or understanding of Gifts in Wills fundraising and not for profit animal-related program services (well regarded)
- Animal welfare knowledge and experience in adoption and rehoming practices (well regarded)
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring data integrity and managing large volumes of information (well regarded)
- Experience in iMIS or similar database software (well regarded)
Qualifications & Other Requirements
The successful applicant will also be required to undergo a national police check and provide a copy of a valid driver’s license as part of the recruitment process.
A full position description is attached below.