RACS is an independent Community Legal Centre (CLC), operating since 1987 providing free legal services to asylum seekers and refugees. We strive to protect and advocate for the human rights of people seeking asylum in Australia to ensure that individuals and families at risk of persecution gain access to equal and fair representation before the law.
The purpose of the position is to develop and grow:
- Community led and third party fundraising events
- Participation in community fairs and markets
- Community Education Programs
- The position will also provide administrative support in the day to day functions of the fundraising department.
- Proven ability to plan and coordinate successful fundraising events with experience in creating opportunities for community to participate and engage in activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to tailor communications to specific audiences, clearly explaining and presenting ideas and information that is well structured and easy to follow
- Strong administrative skills and computer literacy with sound knowledge of internet practices, online fundraising & event platforms and social media for marketing purposes
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to actively connect, collaborate and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills, with the proven ability to build better systems and processes and find solutions to challenging situations
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and professional approach to work with the ability to work autonomously
- Aware of the challenges faced by refugees & people seeking asylum and committed to supporting their cause
A full Position Description is attached below.