- Location: North Melbourne
- Employment status: 0.6 fixed term 12 month contract
- Remuneration: $80-95K plus 9.5 % superannuation pro rata
Prosper Australia is an independent, not-for-proﬁt organisation campaigning for economic justice. Our agenda includes research and advocacy for reforms such as land value capture for transport infrastructure, rezoning windfall gains taxation, shared equity housing models, recombining natural monopolies, and rolling back the financialisation of land and housing.
The Marketing Communications Manager is a key leadership position reporting to the Prosper Executive Committee. This role is responsible for the development and implementation of Prosper’s media, marketing and communications strategy in order to grow, engage and influence key target audiences. The key target audiences are critical to advocating for and supporting Prosper’s research into economic reforms, particularly taxation reforms, that will deliver a fairer and more equitable society.
If you are a marketing, communications or PR professional with a passion for social justice through economic reform, and would like to work with a group of like-minded professionals from research, policy and academia this could be your opportunity to play a constructive role.
- Together with staff and the Executive, the marketing communications specialist will develop and implement a marketing communications strategy; including social & digital media
- Manage media relationships and opportunities, including developing and distributing information as the central point of all external media communication
- High Level copy writing including repurposing research for various target audiences
- Source, research, write, manage contributors and edit copy for key communication outputs
- Provide advice and support to the Staff team and Executive in respect of proactive marketing and media strategies and management of issues that may arise from time to time.
- Schedule and prioritise communication activities in collaboration with Staff team, external suppliers and Executive
- Undertake travel (when required)
- Assist in planning other fundraising, philanthropic and community engagement activities and events as required
- Develop, manage and report Marketing Communications budget.
Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing communication or related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and organisational skills
- High level written communication skills
- Well-developed creative, conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience in building up and managing a digital image library
- Computer proficiency – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web and social media skills
- Preferred: knowledge of current affairs particularly as they relate to taxation and economics.
A full Position Description is attached below.