The Property Industry Foundation is an industry-wide collaboration across the property and construction industry to have an impact on youth homelessness. Our strategy is to build homes for youth homelessness and our goal is to build 125 bedrooms around the eastern seaboard for homeless youth between 2017 and 2021. We have built 56 and currently have 36 more bedrooms in design or construction with a strong pipeline beyond that.
We are a passionate group of people who believe in what we do. We work hard, but also like to have fun along the way.
Our values are:
- Collaboration – we understand we will only reach our goals if we are committed to working with others
- Innovation – we want to break new ground by transforming the landscape of youth homelessness
- Excellence – from top to bottom we want PIF to be an excellent organisation
- Passion – we want to come into work and be happy, excited, fulfilled and passionate
- Culture – we want PIF to be a place where people and ideas flourish
Reporting to the CEO, the Fundraising & Events Manager is a full time role based in our Melbourne Office. You will be a key member of the very small, but very dedicated team at the Property Industry Foundation (PIF) and responsible for growing and supporting PIF’s fundraising events and initiatives and managing the end-to-end delivery of all Victorian fundraising events and campaigns.
This role requires a high-performing individual who drives the fundraising strategy in the Melbourne office for PIF’s major events. This includes contributing to the marketing and communications plan, setting the budget and working to develop fundraising strategies, improvements to fundraising tools, systems and processes to reach event budgets.
The role is very hands-on, and relies on the successful candidate to undertake all event management related activities including (but not limited to) event conception, registration management, guest liaison, supplier management, committee liaison, event logistics etc. It’s also a role that calls for high-level stakeholder management skills, as the successful candidate will work with a wide range of partners across the property and construction industry.
The successful candidate will find themselves working with a very close and very dedicated team. At PIF we take seriously our mission to have an impact on youth homelessness. Our strategy is focused on building homes for youth homelessness, and the money raised at events goes towards tangible outcomes.
Outside of normal work hours are required by this role, as all of the event organising committee meetings are held outside of normal office hours.
Key areas of responsibility:
Identify and execute fundraising initiatives to grow the net result of PIF events and fundraising campaigns. End-to-end event management and execution of existing Foundation major fundraising events:
- Charity Ball
- Charity Cycling Challenge, Tour de PIF
- Charity Yachting Regatta
End-to-end event management and execution of other Foundation initiatives:
- Corporate Donor Luncheons and Cocktail Parties
- PropertyBlitz poker tournament and other functions as identified
- Community Focus functions (more casual; varied; committee-based)
Main tasks and key duties:
The successful candidate will:
- Take responsibility for the fundraising goals of PIF events and initiatives. They will seek to reach and exceed all fundraising outcomes
- Act as a point of contact for all events, providing advice and guidance to key stakeholders
- Manage operational and administrative functions to ensure all events are delivered efficiently, to a high standard and meets budget and fundraising targets
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, build and nurture relationships with event organising committees to retain and grow participation in event and fundraising initiatives
- Deliver all events on-time, within budget; that meet PIF, sponsor and guest expectations
- Identify opportunities to improve functions or events, for example, new ideas, cost savings, etc, and provide advice to National Events Manager for consideration
- Communicate, maintain and develop relationships with key sponsors (roughly one major sponsor for each major event and in most cases either 2nd tier sponsors or event supporters)
- Manage supplier relationships
- Motivate and give direction to the committees and team
- Provide a quality ‘customer service’ to sponsors, corporate donors and suppliers
Key performance indicators:
- Events and functions meet the expectations of the Foundation, their sponsors and guests
- Events and functions are delivered within an agreed timeframe, within budget (achieve budget and fundraising goals), achieve positive feedback from guests, achieve repeat sponsorships
- Effectiveness of Risk Management Plans
- Effective wrap up/closure of event files with no outstanding matters, within agreed time frame
- Quality of relationships with PIF team, sponsors, volunteers and suppliers
- Identification of continuous improvement opportunities
The successful candidate must have strong experience in event management and fundraising, coupled with strong communication (written and verbal) skills and organisational abilities. The preferred skills for the role include:
- 5+ years’ experience in senior event and/or project management
- 3+ years’ experience in fundraising and/or business development/sales and marketing
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, public speaking and relationship management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and planning skills with demonstrated experience in event/project management best practise methodology
- Strong financial acumen, budget setting and P&L management
- A strong knowledge of the corporate working environment
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate event organising committees
- Ability to balance multiple events and activities and deliver to multiple deadlines
- Ability to operate within a very small team – the Melbourne team is a team of 2, supported by the other 9 employees across Sydney and Brisbane.
- A flexible, self-starter who is resourceful and can use initiative
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, electronic mail platforms (Mailchimp or other), CRM databases
- Fluent in English (speaking, written and reading)
- Right to work in Australia
Apply now to join a dynamic workplace and make an impact within the community. First round interviews will be held via Zoom Video Conferencing.