The Parramatta Young Christian Workers (PYCW) is a not for profit organisation run for, by and with young people aged 18-30 within the Parramatta Diocese. The PYCW is seeking a Youth Engagement Officer (YEO) to join our team who is enthusiastic; focus driven and takes a youth orientated approach.
You will focus on engaging and forming young people in individual and collective actions that will transform their lives and the communities they live and work in. The role is a 2 year fixed contract position for 38 hours a week Monday - Sunday.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in recruiting and working with young people in short and long term projects, develop strategic plans of action and coordinate events.
- Understand the issues facing young workers and be able to engage young adults in community based activities and actions addressing these social and workplace issues.
- Establish teams of leaders for the ongoing development and growth of YCW’s activities and actions
- Facilitate the growth of faith-values among young adults through a process of action-reflection in small groups and complementary training
- Have some experience planning and writing grant applications.
- Have an understanding of how to coordinate social media campaigns
The YEO will work closely with and report to the PYCW Leaders Team.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and engage young adults (18 – 30) in community activities and action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop teams of volunteers, including individual leadership skills and commitment to social change.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with vulnerable young people and a belief in social justice principles.
- An ability and commitment to working within a Christian faith based organisation while being inclusive of those from other beliefs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to work across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- NSW Driver's Licence.
- Experience as a leader in the youth orientated movement
- Understanding of the issues facing young workers (18-30 yo).
- Planning and grant writing skills.
- Experience coordinating social media campaigns.
YCW (Young Christian Workers) is a movement which in itself gives opportunities for the youth (ages 18-30) to make a difference in their communities and get involved in changing the reality in their lives, which is done through collective and personal actions (R4U and The Cardijn Project).
For more information:
We use the SEE, JUDGE, ACT, methodology to See the reality of our lives, Judge the relationship between the situation around us and what we believe should be happening; and finally Act to create change that reflects what we believe should be happening.
A full position description is attached below.