- Part time and casual
- Various positions
MiLife-Victoria provides supports that enable people living with disability to be self-directed and to exercise choice and control in their lives. We are currently seeking passionate individual support workers, with or without qualifications, to provide individual support to our clients on a part-time and casual basis across the Cities of Casey, Frankston, the Mornington Peninsula and their extended regions.
The role of Individual Support Worker involves providing individual support to people with physical and intellectual disabilities including those with complex support needs. The key accountabilities for the role include:
- To support an individual’s wellbeing in their home and in the community at all times.
- Provide attendant care to meet individual clients’ needs.
- To administer medication as required following all policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and conduct programs/activities which support individuals to achieve their goals as stated in their Individual Support Plan (ISP).
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for the day to day activities within an individual’s home and or in the community.
- Respect, protect and promote the human rights obligations of the organisation as they relate to all people employed and supported by MiLife-Victoria.
- Maintain up to date records on our Customer Records Management System (SupportAbility) that demonstrates evidence of progress towards achieving client goals.
Required Skills & Experience
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of current industry standards
- Must be physically fit to be able to safely perform all the physical and manual handling requirements of this position
- Victorian Drivers’ License – manual preferred
- Certificate III or IV in Disability is highly desirable. Certificate IV is a requirement for any complex support roles
- Experience in working with people with disability highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of the NDIS is highly desirable
- Experience with SupportAbility highly desirable
What do we offer
- Job security and a supportive team environment
- The opportunity to work within a progressive organisation
- An attractive remuneration package SCHADS Award Level, and including maximum salary packaging options
MiLife-Victoria is an equal opportunity employer, proudly supports a diverse community and is committed to a workplace culture that recognises diversity, equity and human rights. We respect and value the contribution of people from all cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles.