Grow and Develop your career with a winning team!
- Generous Salary Packaging Opportunities
- Join a company with an established reputation
- Contribute to the independence of people with disabilities
- Join the team who spends their day Turning Dreams Into Reality
- Opportunities for the role to become full time
North West Disability Services has managed to meet the requirements of the National Disability Insurance Scheme in a way that is the envy of the sector.
NWDS fully implements and advocates for the application of the Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and the Disability Services Standards and complies with local, State and Commonwealth Government requirements so that you can work with NWDS confident that your contribution is both valuable and properly organised.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have qualifications or experience in behaviour management working 1:1 with challenging participants or,
Be willing and able to learn the above skills
- promote the dignity, independence, and self-worth of each Participant
- assist each Participant to understand their rights and responsibilities, to become valued and respected members of the community
- provide assistance where necessary and to teach them the skills necessary to reach their goals and maximum potential
- work in a positive manner as part of the overall service team of NWDS
- Certificate 3 in Individualised Support, or achievement within 12 months of employment
- LR manual license, or achievement within 2 months of employment
- First Aid Certificate, or achievement within 2 months of employment
- Ability to swim and support service users in and around water-based activities
- Commitment to ongoing training
- Experience in working with people with disabilities
- Knowledge of Disability Inclusion Act 2014 and Disability Service Standards
- Current Working with Children Check
- Own vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
Pay- SCHADS Grade 1 (starting point depending upon qualification and achievement of core requirements).
Progression to Grade 2 is dependent upon achievement of Certificate 3 in Individualised Support.
NWDS is a non-profit community organisation which believes in the rights of people with a disability to live a full and valuable life within the community.
For more information on NWDS please visit the website www.nwds.org.au.