For over 60 years the Nature Conservation Council NSW (NCC) has been an influential movement of thousands of passionate people and 150 environmental organisations believing in the power of collective action bringing about the protection of nature and a safe climate.
NCC’s victories have driven the expansion of the state’s national parks system and wilderness areas protecting millions of hectares of bushland and wildlife habitat on land and at sea. As well as being the driving force behind better bushfire and fire policy management, pollution controls, clean energy, tree clearing and deforestation.
Benefits & Culture
- Satisfaction in bringing about positive environmental change by contributing to policy direction and leading effective action
- Extensive opportunities for strategic leadership and to establish yourself in management within the not-for-profit sector
With the support of a highly qualified staff and Executive Committee this role will enable you to demonstrate your leadership skills in developing the strategic direction of the organisation with a focus on core business including campaigns, programs, the media and movement building.
You will also drive organisational sustainability with a focus on fundraising relationships with philanthropists, trusts, and individuals to generate donations, grants and bequests.
More broadly you will:
- Grow NCC’s influence by nurturing collaborative relationships, alliances and networks
- Achieve community engagement with NCC's vision and policy agenda
- Provide representation to decision makers, stakeholders, media and the community
- Ensure organisational management and campaign capabilities, continuity and development
- Strengthen financial viability, risk management and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Promote NCC values, inspire collaboration and attract, develop and retain staff
You are currently a CEO, campaigner, board director or fundraiser, ideally from an activist driven campaigning group within the environmental, human rights, social justice, union movement or a similar values-driven social change organisation, or like-minded corporate.
Your organisational management skills including leading teams, operations, finance, governance, statutory reporting and risk management are well developed. Your understanding of political decision making combined with your interpersonal and representational skills will be essential to work effectively with government, business and media, presenting ideas, motivating and influencing positive change.