- Part time opportunity, 0.8 FTE (60.8 hours per fortnight)
- $67k annual salary (pro rata) + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Provide one on one support and education for carers accessing youth services for their loved one
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this Opportunity
Wellways aims to provide a range of biopsychosocial rehabilitation support strategies that promote and support social inclusion and independence within the community. You will work as part of a wider team that offers programs and services to carers including education, respite, one to one support, referrals to community agencies and referrals to Wellways programs and advocacy.
Key areas of activity for this role include:
- One to one support for carers
- Delivery of education programs
- Provision of respite opportunities to carers
- Implementation of Family Sensitive Practices within the Community and Residential Programs, facilitate education to staff, and partner organisations
- Provide Advocacy, Peer support, referral and information to carers.
Skills & experience
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with mental health issues
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course are mandatory prior to commencement.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit www.wellways.org/careers-wellways