- Hours: Full Time
- Remuneration: $49,986.35
- Status: 6-month, fixed-term contract with the potential for ongoing (subject to funding).
- Location: Brunswick, Melbourne
Who we are
The Australian Energy Foundation is leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society. We accelerate the energy transition by empowering communities to take action.
Through our energy expertise, tenacity, and partnerships, we:
- Demonstrate the pathways to a zero carbon society.
- Influence and inspire to build understanding, investment and action.
- Deliver solutions that have a positive impact.
We are practical visionaries; a national for-purpose organisation whose work benefits all Australians.
How you will make an impact
The Project Officer will drive forward the organisation’s vision to a zero carbon society by providing support to project participants and energy efficiency advice to customers via phone and email. As a key member of the Energy Advice Centre (EAC), the Project Officer is the first point of contact for customers and project participants.
What you will do
- Provide a high-quality customer journey from enquiry to upgrade.
- Provide general advice and information to Customers (residents, businesses, schools and community groups) over the phone and via email.
- Undertake phone surveys with customers and project participants.
- Administrative tasks such as preparing and posting letters to participants.
- Assist the Energy Advice Centre Coordinator with data management and reporting.
- Collaborate with staff as required to resolve enquiries and issues.
- Maintain general knowledge of Sustainable Energy (energy efficiency and renewable energy) technology, products, services and opportunities for all of AEF’s key audiences.
You will have:
- Excellent customer service.
- A can-do, positive attitude
- Understanding of sustainability issues and climate change.
- Proficiency in data management and administration.
- Experience in working with vulnerable members of the community is highly desirable.
What’s in it for you
You will be surrounded by people who are driven by our vision of an equitable zero carbon society. In addition to contributing to making the world a better place, you will have access to:
- Financial incentives for sustainable commuting to work practices and end-of-trip facilities.
- Individual learning and development plan to assist in your career progression.
- Pet-friendly work environment, with the ability to bring your dog to work.
- A Health & Wellbeing Program with access to EAP.
AEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work with a diverse range of people and audiences at AEF. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and other people of colour, people with a disability and people from the LGBTIQ community.