Mackay & District Spinal Injuries Association has been providing services in the region for 40 years.
Individuals who access MDSIA's services are free and independent to make their own choices, decisions and determine their own outcomes. Individuals control all aspects of their lives and MDSIA provides assistance to facilitate this.
As a Support Worker, no day is the same. You will be assisting people to achieve outcomes by providing lifestyle support and maintaining health care management practices including personal care.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess a genuine passion for working with people
- Be reliable, flexible and committed
- Maintain exceptional professional standards of care and support
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and integrity in practice
- Have own reliable transport and an unrestricted licence, and must willing to work in Mackay, Walkerston, Marian and Nebo (if residing in Nebo)
- Hold a positive notice yellow card or be willing to obtain
Key selection criteria:
- Certificate IV in Disability, Individual Support or similar (preferable) or other relevant qualification (e.g. nursing, social welfare, occupational therapy and psychology)
- Possess and demonstrate sound disability or community service experience, knowledge and/or training relevant to the position (preferable)
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively as a team member
- Ability to maintain professionally written documentation, and highly developed computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications and software packages
- Ability to implement and evaluate individual plans and outcomes
- Able to work flexible hours 7 days per week including sleepover shifts, weekends and evenings in Mackay, Walkerston, Marian and/or Nebo