About the organisation:
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity with the creation of a new role, working for the Strategic Lead, Disability Housing you will work as part of the National Disability Housing Unit providing a comprehensive tenancy management services for people with a disability, including an active role in advising on suitable housing options for people with a disability. Working closely with this dedicated and passionate team to leverage the Speciality Disability Accommodation (SDA) under the NDIA. This is a full-time permanent role located in our Newcastle Head Office.
- Provide a comprehensive tenancy management service for people tenanting LWB owned managed and leased residential properties
- Provide support and advice on rent policy, accommodation agreements and repairs and maintenance for tenants
- Ensuring that all Tenants have a current Accommodation and or Occupancy Agreement.
- Maintain face-to-face contact with tenants and undertake formal inspections as required
- Engage with people living with disability who have complex needs and their support networks, to promote the opportunity of independent living in Specialist Disability Accommodation
- Provide support and advice to stakeholders in relation to the development of housing plans for NDIS participants
- Actively oversee the vacancy management of SDA places maintaining current information on all vacancies
- Actively maintain the organisations Community Housing Provider registration & maintain a nil non-compliance for NRSCH Compliance returns
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrated experience in tenancy and or residential leasing
- Demonstrated experience in property management, community housing or related area
- Demonstrated experience working and reporting in the disability sector and experience working with people with complex needs
- Working knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory environment for areas of business responsibility e.g. Residential Tenancies Legislation and Community Housing Provider regulation and compliance obligations
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, and ability to think laterally and strategically
- Sound oral and written communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work commitments to meet deadlines
- Well-developed information technology skills for utilising data bases and the Microsoft Office Suite
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- New role – Permanent Full time - Newcastle Head Office
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Opportunity to make a huge impact in a national organisation