About the organisation:
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role:
Located in East Mackay, we are looking for a skilled administrator to join our Out of Home Care team on a permanent, part time basis of 20 hours per week.
- Assist in the delivery of programs that facilitate client’s development of social networks and inclusion in community activities
- Monitor the changing needs of clients and provide information and contribute to the adaptation of LWB services as required to meet these needs
- Provide active support to Carers by telephone or face to face as needed
- Review all direct support documentation as required on each shift to fulfil the functions of the role and provide support to other team members as required
- Build a positive team environment and provide role modelling and on the job support
- Attend internal and external stakeholder meetings as appropriate or requested by the Coordinator or Manager
- Attend, participate and contribute to team meetings and supervision
- Fulfil other duties as required
Skills & experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in the health or welfare field and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and collaborate effectively with clients, their families and/or groups from a strength-based culturally appropriate perspective to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to use initiative and to work both individually in supporting service users and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain client privacy and confidentiality
- Established problem solving and conflict management skills
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents
- Reference and suitability clearance/s required by legislation and these clearance/s maintained throughout employment
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current Driver Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Flexible working options - choose your hours!
- Excellent salary packaging options
- Permanent position