About the organisation
Launchpad Youth Community Inc. is a Specialist Homelessness Service that has been supporting young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the inner west of Sydney for over 20 years. Launchpad aims to provide a wide range of services and opportunities to enhance young people’s capacity so they can participate, engage and belong in the community.
We support people with complex needs, though wrap around integrated casework and coordination of support with other aligned and relevant agencies. Through a strengths based and trauma informed approach, Launchpad works with young people in a client centred way, enhancing the capacity of young people to be at the centre of the decision making, and supporting them as they move through different pathways out of homelessness or risk of.
About the role
This position will deliver client centred early intervention, prevention, case management, outreach, tenancy and support services to support young people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness in the City of Sydney local government area.
- To provide individual client centred casework and case management support to young people with complex trauma histories and complex needs, including mental health and AOD issues.
- Participate in Cross Agency Case Management Groups as required
- Provide intake and assessment for new and existing young people and comprehensive referral pathways to other SHS, mainstream and housing agencies.
- Be culturally aware and able to provide supports to young Aboriginal people
- Provide support for young people to return to their community of origin where appropriate
- Facilitate access to brokerage funds where required
- Provide support for young people to continue or access education, employment and training options.
- Liaise with mental health/AOD/ and other relevant professionals to improve support provision, access and services to the identified target group.
- Arrange community networking for the young person to encourage positive interactions in a safe and supportive environment
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 3 years’ experience in case management of clients with complex needs, at risk and/or experiencing homelessness, including sound knowledge of integrated case management theory and best practice principles for young people.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex caseloads, effectively plan and prioritise work with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the youth sector, Juvenile Justice, Out of Home Care system and protection agencies and Specialist Homelessness Services.
- Experience in the homelessness services field and Working knowledge of the Going Home Staying Home reform, program and guidelines.
- Ability to work flexible hours and work after hours as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise established referral pathways and use trauma-informed and strengths based approach to achieve client outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Culturally Diverse clients and Aboriginal clients
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal presentation skills, diplomatic and effective liaison and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative, as well as take direction well and work as part of a team.
- Ability to provide detailed reports and collect statistics for program evaluation.
- A current NSW Drivers licence.
- Excellent IT skills in programs including Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and Access.
Recognised Tertiary qualifications in social work, or a relevant field
Equivalent experience in the field of practice
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience working in the SHS and /or youth sector
- Relevant degree or post graduate qualifications
- Public Speaking, report writing skills
- Experience in SHIP/SHORE/CIMS data management and recording
All prospective employees will need to pass a working with children check.
A position description is attached.