- Western Sydney Migrant Resource Centre (MRC) is seeking to employ an RYPMP Project Officer.
- This role will be at equivalent SCHCADS level 4.1, with salary sacrifice options available.
- The position is part-time (21-28 hours per week).
- The position is until June 2020.
The Refugee Youth Peer Mentoring Program (RYPMP) aims to support and build the capacity of young people from a refugee background to achieve their goals and shape their own futures. We have designed a flexible, mixed-mode mentoring program that strives to enhance the economic, social and civic participation of young people and enhance their personal well being and sense of self.
Find out more about our RYPMP program here.
The RYPMP Project Officer is responsible for the following:
- Support and facilitate the recruitment and screening of mentors and mentees
- Organise and deliver relevant training and orientation for all RYPMP mentors
- Maintain the delivery of processes and guidelines to guide both mentors and mentees
- With the Program Coordinator, maintain systems to closely monitor engagement between mentors and mentees
- Ensure timely and accurate records and reporting of programs/projects
- Relevant qualifications in community services or community development, minimum Certificate IV in Community Services or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate with young people from diverse language, religious, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated skill and experience in project planning and coordination
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection and relevant legislative requirements
- Demonstrated experience in reporting and data collection
- Understanding of WH&S considerations and procedures
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Bi-cultural and bi-lingual background
- Experience with recruiting, training and supporting volunteers
- Experience with Office365
- Possess the right to work in Australia
- Compliance Checklist
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Have or able to obtain a current first aid certificate
- Able to provide a clear Working with Children Check and Police Clearance (to be supplied before starting)
For further information or questions please email Rachel: email@example.com.
Applications close by: C.O.B. on 25th September 2019.
A copy of the Position description is attached below.