The Lost Dogs’ Home is one of the country’s largest animal welfare organisations, caring for more than 20,000 cats and dogs each year. We pride ourselves on employing qualified individuals who demonstrate a strong commitment to animal welfare, shelter medicine, community education and the cause.
We are currently seeking a Customer Service Manager to work on a full-time basis across our North Melbourne and Cranbourne Shelter. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Customer Service Manager is primarily responsible for the delivery of high-quality outcomes for The Lost Dogs’ Home external and internal customers and community members. As a representative acting on behalf of The Lost Dogs’ Home, the role is a visible embodiment of the Home’s values.
- Research and develop in consultation with stakeholders, The Lost Dogs’ Home Customer Service charter and deliver a comprehensive service to all the Home’s customers
- Achieve customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Meet customer service financial objectives by forecasting requirements in a timely manner
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently lead and manage a customer service team and operating budget in a busy environment
- Maximises customer operational performance by maintaining accurate records and document all customer service activities and discussions
- Implement and assess service statistics and prepare detailed reports to ensure the unit operates in line with business plans and budgets
- Delegating key customer enquiries to team members with appropriate capabilities
- Ability to develop strong and effective relationships with several key stakeholders within The Lost Dogs’ Home
- Monitoring and reporting skills along with excellent attention to detail to ensure the unit operates in line with business plans, budgets and Victorian Legislation
- Ability to identifying areas of operational improvement and an ability to assist with the development and operational implementation of consistent programs and initiatives to improve animal welfare outcomes and overall service delivery
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field (essential)
- Cert IV/Diploma in front-line management (desirable)
- Victorian car license (essential)
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in a customer service position
- 2 years or more in a similar management role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and customer service software (Sheltermate)
The Lost Dogs' Home offers staff career development opportunities, a variety of benefits including discounts in our Vet Clinic, Employee Assistance Program, access to our Foster Care program and a unique work environment supporting a great cause.