- Located in Latrobe Valley
- Full-time, permanent
- Join a not-for-profit health care provider who is getting back to what matters
- You’ll be working in services that provide worthwhile outcomes for the community
- Dependent on qualifications/experience
At Latrobe Community Health Service you’ll be part of a positive and passionate workplace. We’re dedicated to providing you with career opportunities through work that is rewarding and meaningful within the community.
In the Behavioural Health Programs (BHP) team, we provide a wide range of counselling, social work and community services that require and attract professionals across a range of expert areas. You’ll be joining an organisation that provides a wide variety of health and community programs and services, across a range of regional and metropolitan areas in Victoria. Our integrated services model means you’ll provide your specialist expertise as part of a holistic solution for clients.
As the Overdose Outreach Prevention Worker you will engage people who are at serious risk of unintended overdose of illicit and or prescription drugs.
To be successful, you will require;
- Tertiary qualification (or near completion in a health profession/discipline including but not limited to social work, psychology, counselling, mental health nursing and occupational therapy.
- Completion of (or willingness to complete) the minimum four AOD core modules within six months of commencement
- Current Drivers Licence
At Latrobe Community Health Service we want to help you get back to what matters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and therefore, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment. We are partnered with Job Access and pledged to Soldier On. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and identities, LGBTIQ+ people, people with a lived experience of disability and service personnel and their families to name a few. We will make reasonable adjustments when required. We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and an Employee Working with Children Check before we can make any offer of employment.
A full Position Description is attached below.