- Fulltime, contract position until 30th June 2016
- Based at Collingwood (and outreach across Victoria)
- Excellent career opportunity working for a highly regarded organisation
- Supportive and dynamic work place culture
In partnership with, Aborigines Advancement League (AAL), Ngwala Willumbong (Ngwala) and The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA), an exciting position has become available within the Koorie Energy Efficiency Project team at Kildonan UnitingCare.
The Koorie Energy Efficiency Project (KEEP) is a three year initiative trialling and evaluating activities and strategies that assist low income and vulnerable Victorian Aboriginal households to become more energy efficient. The project will continue until May 2016. The project engages Aboriginal consumers in relation to energy affordability, managing rising consumption costs and navigating the energy market.
Reporting to Kildonan’s Social & Financial Inclusion area, and a multi-stakeholder project governance group, the KEEP Project Manager will be responsible for the day to day oversight of KEEP.
Key functions of the role include:
- Overseeing project delivery that ensures high quality of service to Aboriginal households and communities across Victoria in relation to energy efficiency within the context of financial health and wellbeing.
- Establishing and managing relationships with key partners and stakeholders in consultation with the Kildonan Senior and Executive Managers.
- Coordinating regular internal and external communication regarding the KEEP project including advocacy in relation to emerging consumer issues.
- Leading project development, quality assurance, continuous improvement and evaluation of the KEEP project in consultation with the KEEP partnership and Senior Manager.
- Providing leadership, management, mentoring and supervision to the KEEP project team and working collaboratively with the KEEP partner agencies.
- Managing project data collection and providing reports to management and stakeholders and on program performance in a timely manner and much more.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Identify as a person of Aboriginal background
- Tertiary or post graduate qualification in business, project management, community services or equivalent
- An understanding of the history and culture of Aboriginal people and community
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal organisations and communities
- Knowledge of the impact of social and economic hardship for vulnerable and low income households
- Experience leading and managing staff and/or multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and evaluate the program to implement a continuous improvement approach.
Kildonan has a rigorous recruitment process involving thorough reference checking, the requirement to undertake a Criminal Records Check with a satisfactory outcome and apply/hold a valid Working with Children Check (E) Card is mandatory.
Travel between sites is required, therefore you will need to hold a current Victorian Driver’s licence.
For More information in regards to role responsibilities and key selection criteria, please see the Position Description attached below, or at http://www.kildonan.org.au/careers/career-opportunities/.
For enquiries about this position please contact Jim Downey, Senior Manager on 9412 5710.