- Family Violence Recovery Program
- Drive social change. Every. Single. Day.
- Full time
- Primarily based in Thomastown, with some local travel
Kids First Australia is expanding our outstanding family violence recovery services. We are seeking an exceptional candidate who will thrive in our purpose-driven organisation.
Our Family Violence Therapeutic Recovery team works in a formal partnership with Berry Street, who are responsible for leading and governing this Family Violence Therapeutic Recovery service for children aged 0-17 years.
The Family Violence Recovery Practitioner (Adolescents) will coordinate the adolescent groupwork element for the service as well as co-facilitating group programs for young men and young women who have experienced family violence.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A sound understanding of current family violence therapeutic recovery theories and practice frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience working with youth, children and/or adolescents.
- Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of facilitating youth educational/support groups.
- Knowledge of early childhood development, including trauma informed care and childhood attachment theory.
- Knowledge of groupwork, theory and practice as it applies to family violence therapeutic recovery.
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, youth work or similar field.
- A Working with Children Card, National and International Police Checks and a driver's licence.
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR)
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program.