Family Violence Recovery Program
- Drive social change. Every. Single. Day.
- Multiple full-time positions available (permanent ongoing)
- Primarily based in Thomastown, with some local travel
Kids First Australia is expanding our outstanding family violence recovery services. We have multiple positions available for exceptional candidates who will thrive in our purpose-driven organisation.
The Family Violence Recovery Practitioner will provide therapeutic support to women and children recovering from family violence. This involves engaging, developing and maintaining therapeutic relationships to support recovery and strengthen relationships.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A sound understanding of current family violence therapeutic recovery theories and practice frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience working therapeutically with women and children who have experienced family violence, through individual work and by facilitating support groups.
- Knowledge of early childhood development, including trauma informed care and childhood attachment theory.
- Knowledge of group work, theory and practice as it applies to family violence recovery.
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or similar field.
- A Working with Children Card, National and International Police Checks and a driver's licence.
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay
- Be nurtured in your career, including professional development in specialist evidence-based models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR)
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program.