- Classification: SCHADS Award 2010; Level 6
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Conditions: Part-time contract to 18 December 2020, 30 hours per week
This position is responsible for overseeing operations and service delivery at the KHG Peppertree Place site.
The Manager will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to oversee and guide all operations at Peppertree Place.
The Manager will work with the Manager – Client Services to develop, schedule, coordinate, and deliver high quality, evidence-based services for people with a variety of needs.
The Manager will work with the Manager – Marketing and Fundraising to manage the Peppertree Place brand, promote services offered at Peppertree Place, and source operational and programmatic funding.
The Manager – Peppertree Place is a member of the Kevin Heinze Grow Management Team.
- Recruitment, supervision and management of staff;
- Operational and facilities management of the Peppertree Place site;
- Promotion and management of the Peppertree Place volunteer program, including recruitment, assessment, induction, support, and administration;
- Reporting on program activity to the CEO and Committee of Management, as required;
- Delivery of services within the KHG budget, in consultation with the CEO;
- Working with partner organisations to deliver services, as required;
- Working as part of a cooperative multidisciplinary team;
- Participation at regular KHG staff planning sessions;
- Other duties as required.
In consultation and collaboration with the Manager – Client Services:
- Coordination and development of KHG’s program of service delivery at Peppertree Place, including the Peppertree Place Café;
- Production of reports for individual clients and groups;
- Participation in client care team meetings and other relevant professional meetings as required;
- Client assessment;
- Ensuring KHG services and programs are conducive to the maintenance and functioning of the Peppertree Place garden, nursery and indoor facilities wherever practicable;
- Ensuring regular evaluation of programs and services;
- Ensuring relevant client records are kept in-line with regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring delivery of programs and services is compliant with regulatory requirements.
In consultation and collaboration with the Manager – Marketing & Fundraising:
- Actively promote KHG’s Peppertree Place services to potential clients;
- Promoting KHG services and programs at relevant networks and events;
- Contributing content for the KHG newsletter, website and social media;
- Assisting with grant acquittal;
- Overseeing the coordination and delivery of events at Peppertree Place.
- Excellent time and task management
- Sense of humour
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work / Youth Work/ Psychology / Teaching / allied health or equivalent;
- Knowledge of disability and mental health;
- Understanding of community development principles and how to work within a community development framework
- Demonstrated capacity to build effective working relationships;
- Demonstrated capacity to make timely and appropriate decisions;
- Ability to successfully manage a multidisciplinary team in a complex work environment;
- Highly developed time-management and organisational skills;
- Experience in budgetary and facilities management;
- Computer literacy.
- Drivers Licence
- An interest in or experience in horticulture
- 5+ years’ experience in leading client-focused teams
Police Check and Working with Children Check.