- Classification: SCHADS Award 2010; Level 3 or 4 dependent on experience
- Reports to: Site Manager – Peppertree Place
- Conditions: Part-time contract to 18/12/2020, 24-30 hours per week
This position is responsible for the management and operation of the Peppertree Place Cafe and training program in Coburg.
The Coordinator will work closely with the Site Manager – Peppertree Place and the Chief Executive Officer to guide all operations of the Cafe.
The Coordinator will work with the Manager – Client Services to develop, schedule, coordinate, and deliver high quality, evidence-based vocational training services for a small cohort of people with a variety of needs with an interest in hospitality.
The Coordinator will work with the Manager – Marketing and Fundraising to manage the Peppertree Place Cafe brand, promote the Cafe, and source operational and programmatic funding.
- Operational and facilities management of the Peppertree Place Cafe, including the commercial kitchen;
- Assisting with the recruitment, assessment, and administration related to Cafe training program participants;
- Providing induction and support to Café training program participants;
- Planning and delivering a menu of food and beverages attractive to the local community;
- Customer service and building positive relationships with the local community;
- Management of café equipment and stock;
- Management of café finances, in collaboration with the Site Manager;
- Reporting on program activity to the Site Manager, CEO and Committee of Management, as required;
- Delivery of services within the KHG budget, in consultation with the CEO;
- Working as part of a cooperative multidisciplinary team;
- Participation at regular KHG staff planning sessions;
- Production of reports for individual program participants, as required;
- Participation in participant care team meetings and other relevant professional meetings, as required;
- Occupational health and safety within the cafe environment;
- Ensuring cafe operations and the vocational training program are delivered in line with the relevant regulatory requirements;
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent time and task management
- Friendly disposition
- Sense of humour
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Key Selection Criteria
- Experience in hospitality and customer service, including food preparation;
- Experience in training and personal development;
- Knowledge of disability and mental health;
- Demonstrated capacity to build effective working relationships;
- Demonstrated capacity to make timely and appropriate decisions;
- Ability to successfully manage a multidisciplinary team in a complex work environment;
- Highly developed time-management and organisational skills;
- Experience in budgetary and facilities management;
- Computer literacy.
- Drivers Licence;
- Teaching or training qualification;
- Barista skills.
Police Check and Working with Children Check.