The newly created role of Chief Operations Officer - Emerging Portfolios' key focus is to lead the strategic and operational management of assessment, planning and coordination services in aged, disability, health and community care on behalf of, or in partnership with various Federal and State government agencies.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for the growth & diversification of their current partnerships and operational delivery. Your current portfolio includes; NDIS Local Areas Co-ordination Services, My Aged Care Regional Assessment Services and the Veterans Home Care Assessment Services. This role is a key member of the Executive Leadership team.
Feros Care are passionate about helping people live bolder, connected, independent lives. They are innovators in technology and recipients of numerous local and international awards. For over 25 years they have been supporting older people and those living with disability. They are an innovative, growing, not-for-profit organisation who have strong connections to the community and are passionate about making a positive impact on people’s lives, this role will play a key role in their continued growth and success.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations for organisational diversification and growth, including the development of business plans that demonstrate feasibility and achievement of strategic goals
- Monitor key business drivers ensuring that service levels, funding deliverables, quality standards and client satisfaction is maintained to the highest standard, across all products and facilities
- Sponsor and lead the rollout and deployment of new services, funding, pilots and service expansion, whilst maintaining a supportive environment, sense of excitement and engagement of staff and managers.
- Participate in and drive, activities that actively promote Feros Care and Aspire4Life to external stakeholders, strategic partners and other agencies to ensure Feros Care is promoted as an exemplary service provider and employer
- Manage, coach and mentor Senior Leaders to ensure that client experience, employee experience, quality, and program objectives are met
- Development and management of budgets
- Establish strong internal working relationships and networks to support efficient operations, high performance within teams and effective strategy execution
- Manage external complaints, requests for information, reports and ministerial requests by leading the investigations, reviewing documentation and responses before submitting to the CEO for approval
- Attend partnership performance reviews and requests for meetings by partners as required
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Monitor quality and risk activities, ensuring that these are captured, acted on and resolved within required timeframes
- Ensure that operational policies, quality and compliance requirements are met
- Lead the development and enhancements of applications, systems and technology infrastructure to meet and enhance operational requirements
- Develop and prepare high quality reports and data analysis
- Support and contribute to tender and proposal preparation as required
- Ensure all relevant records and files are completed and actioned in a timely manner ensuring privacy and confidentiality is maintained within legislative requirements and organisation policies and procedures
To be highly effective in this role you will need to identify with the following personal qualities:
- Thrives on growing organisations and enjoys leading the development and implementation of new and expanded services and geographies
- Extremely organised, excellent planner and always thinking 6 steps ahead
- Commercially minded and understands the importance of efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability
- Rapidly builds and maintains strong, collaborative and partnering relationships
- Confident in working with legislation, standards and compliance frameworks
Essential Skills, Experience and Knowledge required:
- Demonstrated senior management experience within a health, aged or disability services, specifically at an executive leadership team level (organisation greater than 700 employees)
- Demonstrated achievements in the management of large government or commercial contracts
- Demonstrated experience in the management and deployment of resources to effectively implement new programs or services in a large, complex organisation
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Ability to perform data analysis and interpret performance/operation metrics
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing, presenting, negotiating and influencing
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
Qualifications, Certificates and Registrations:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (AQF Level 6 and above) in a Business, Management, Social Welfare/ Human Services
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Post-graduate qualifications or certifications in Management will be highly regarded
Please note, if successful, this position requires a mandatory National Police Check to be conducted along with a mandatory Key Personnel Check (Insolvency Check). Both checks will be renewed every 3 years.
Justine Dorrell Consulting has been retained to recruit this role, please refer all enquiries directly to Justine.