- Full time
- $64,779 - $74,603 per annum (depending on skills and experience), plus an all incidence allowance of $6,726 per annum, employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- Location: Glebe NSW
Our Balmain Electorate Office is committed to building strong communities by providing exceptional one-on-one support to constituents as well as building good relationships with organisations and stakeholders to advance the Greens principles of social and economic justice, environmental sustainability, grassroots democracy and non-violence.
About the position
The primary focus of the Electorate Officer is to lead community campaigns, in line with the priorities of the office and to ensure that constituents are informed and engaged with the work of the Member.
The Electorate Officer will also be required to provide administrative support to the Member and Senior Electorate Officers, ensuring the efficient operation of the Electorate Office, and be involved in supporting projects focused on communications.
- Devise, oversee and implement a community engagement strategy to build, mobilise and empower a network of residents across the electorate of Balmain;
- Identify opportunities for new community campaigns and constituent engagement;
- Maintain and develop a database of stakeholders and community contacts;
- Assist with constituent relations including face-to-face interactions, phone liaison and drafting of written correspondence;
- Support the production of internal and external communications and publications and distribution of communication materials;
- Provide administrative support to the Member and Senior Electorate Officers; and
- Coordinate local events and community engagement opportunities on behalf of the Member.
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to prepare formal correspondence, media releases, briefing notes and newsletters;
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with community groups, government and non-government organisations;
- Demonstrated superior organisational skills and ability to work effectively under pressure and manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills including demonstrated experience in use of social media, websites, digital communication tools and databases;
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise sound judgement and ability to perform at a high standard under limited supervision and within a team environment;
- Experience managing volunteers; and
- Demonstrated commitment to the core principles of the Greens and an interest in, and understanding of, the Australian political context and Australian parliamentary procedures and processes.
Further information to assist you with applying for this position: