About the Organisation:
Independence Australia is a social enterprise that provides choices for people living with a disability or other personal need, enabling them to regain and retain their independence within a supportive community.
About the Role:
We have vacancies for In-Home Disability Support Workers in Morwell.
The young female client requires full support coverage 24/7; across morning, afternoon and night shifts. Needing support ASAP.
We need candidates who are committed and passionate, and have the ability to create supportive and professional working partnerships.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience as a disability support worker in the community or in-home setting
- Ideally, previous experience assisting clients' with the following;
- Personal Care
- Catheter Care
- Hoist Transfers
- Community Access
- Wheelchair Support
- Certificate III or IV in Disability or similar.
- First Aid/CPR certificates.
- Pre-Employment Police Check.
- DWES Check.
- Pre-Employment Medical Assessment.
- Own car and valid driver’s licence (International driver's licence will not be accepted).
- Smart phone and internet access.
- Willingness to undergo further training and development, specific to the clients’ care.