About the organisation:
Independence Australia is a social enterprise that provides choices for people living with a disability or other personal need, enabling them to regain and retain their independence within a supportive community.
About the role:
We have vacancies for In-Home Disability Support Workers in Red Hill.
The young male client requires full support coverage 24/7, across morning, afternoon and night shifts. Needing support ASAP.
We need candidates who are committed and passionate, and have the ability to create supportive and professional working partnerships.
Skills & experience:
- Previous experience as a disability support worker in the community or in-home setting
- Ideally, previous experience assisting clients' with the following;
- Personal Care
- Cough Assistance Device
- Catheter Care
- Hoist Transfers
- Community Access
- Wheelchair Support
- Certificate III or IV in Disability or similar.
- First Aid/CPR certificates.
- Pre-Employment Police Check
- DWES Check
- Pre-Employment Medical Assessment
- Own car and valid driver’s licence (International driver's licence will not be accepted)
- Smart phone and internet access
- Willingness to undergo further training and development, specific to the clients’ care
A position description is attached.