- Branch - Canberra
- Full Time - 35 hours per week
The Independent Education Union of Australia is a federal union that covers teachers, support and operational staff in non-government schools and teaching staff in early childhood services and English language colleges. With 75 staff in our NSW/ACT Branch we represent the professional and industrial issues of over 31,000 members.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced employee to join our Canberra office. The Office Administrator will provide support to three Organisers in the conduct of daily office tasks and industrial campaigns. The successful candidate will be able to adapt to changing priorities of work as they emerge. This full-time full-time (Monday-Friday) role will report to the Clerical Co-ordinator.
- Punctuality is essential
- 2-3 years previous experience in a similar administrative role
- Great phone manner
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to time manage to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and plan workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use confidentiality and discretion when needed.
- Attention to detail
You should be able to
- Complete word processing tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Provide administrative support to union organisers
- Make travel and accommodation bookings
- Take phone calls from members and staff in a polite courteous manner
- Set-up for meetings and training days
- Book meeting rooms and conference calls
- Prepare, collate and file documents
- Distribute bulk emails and postal mail outs to members
- Enter data accurately
- Assist our membership department when required
- General office duties
What we can offer you
- One Rostered Day Off every 6 weeks
- Salary sacrifice arrangements
- 4 weeks annual leave and 1 week extra week during Christmas shutdown
- Access to Teachers Health Fund
- Employee Assistance Program
Starting salary: $67,195 plus superannuation.