- Do you live in the Western, Northern and North East Suburbs of Adelaide?
- Do you have excellent communication skills?
- Have you worked with people who have complex needs, Autism and other disabilities?
- Do you have an Australian Drivers Licence?
Support Workers will be required to perform all or some of the following tasks on the Clients’ needs and the individual support plan. The frequency with which these tasks are performed will depend on hours of employment and allocated work. The physical requirements will vary depending on the clients individual needs, workers need to always maintain safe work practices at all times throughout their shift.
Personal Support Worker responsibilities:
- To provide care assistance to each Client in accordance with the Client Service Plan and as directed by the service Client Services Manager. This may include home care, personal care or respite care
- To monitor the safety and well-being of the Client and report any concerns to the Client Services Manager.
- To maintain Client confidentiality at all times
- To participate in training programs as required
- To ensure that time sheets are signed on each visit by Client/carer and are submitted to the office on time
- To record each visit and relevant information in the communication book, where applicable
- To know and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- To work in a safe manner and follow all occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- To report any health and safety hazards, incidents or near misses using the appropriate procedures
- Other duties as directed
A position description is attached.