Founded in early 2015 and based in Sydney, Hireup is a trusted online platform and community for people with disability and their families to find, hire and manage support workers that fit their needs and share their interests. Whether it’s support with getting to work, catching a local footy game or taking the scenic route, Hireup gives people with disability the tools to live the most flexible, seamless and supported life possible. With over 80,000 registered users and support workers in communities all across Australia, Hireup is a national network of local supports. As a purpose-led organisation, we promote a culture defined by its humanity, curiosity and creativity, and allow this to infuse our services, product and people.
Product at Hireup
At Hireup, we understand the important role technology, and specifically, digital product plays in connecting people. For our team, it’s not only about creating the most elegant, intuitive, accessible and powerful peer-to-peer platform in Australia, but to ensure we are building an efficient and lean model that maximises choice and control for both Australians living with disability and their support workers. The team is passionate about solving complex problems and love being able to see the direct impact these solutions have for the thousands of people in Hireup’s rapidly growing community.
As a Senior iOS Software Engineer,your main focus will be bringing the Hireup mobile app to life. You’ll work closely with the UX Engineering Architect, product management, the UX/UI design team, and the broader product and development team to build a performant, high quality, and accessible mobile experience which brings us ever closer to achieving our purpose — building a more inclusive, connected community.
The big picture
- Join one of Australia's fastest growing tech companies - winner of the 2018 Google.org Impact Challenge and 2017 Deloitte Tech Fast 50
- Make meaningful social impact through your work whilst being a part of a driven, specialist product team with the potential to become leaders in disability tech space
- Get in on the ground floor of a brand new, greenfields project to deliver a highly anticipated product vision!
Priorities - the work
- Cut the first lines of code on, and bring to fruition a high-quality mobile app awaited by a large and excited audience!
- Interact with other teams including finance, HR and community development to take a cross-functional approach to building new features for our community of users
- Design and build efficient and reusable abstractions and systems; engineering for performance and maintainability
- Implement intuitive and accessible user interfaces
- Grow our development capabilities and help build a culture of innovation and technical excellence
Skills - the person
- A design focus and attention to detail in UI intricacies and UX
- Demonstrated experience and skill with the native iOS application software stack and ecosystem:
- Swift, UIKit, APNs and other device APIs
- iOS Accessibility APIs and assistive technology
- App Store policy, app review and delivery, as well as facilitating delivery and deployment for beta and/or enterprise software programmes
- Integrating mobile applications with web software and APIs
- CI pipelines for iOS, with strong understanding of automated test strategies
- Experience with various other programming languages and environments a bonus
- Relevant IT degree or equivalent work experience
- Collaborative approach with experience working in an Agile team environment
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Exhibit adaptability, resilience, transparency, trustworthiness, passion and innate curiosity and a strong sense of responsibility
- Strong connection to, or interest in building an understanding of the Australian disability sector and community
- Approach work with high-energy, drive and internal motivation
What you’ll get from us
- The chance to be part of a meaningful challenge and witness the positive social impact of your work
- Flexible working arrangements
- Five days paid study leave (after probation)
- Four days wellbeing leave (after probation)
- Exciting and challenging projects that will push your technical skills and provide ample opportunity for personal and professional growth
- An open culture that thrives on new initiatives and ideas
- Your choice of laptop and tools to get the job done