- Reports to: Head of Campaigns
- Salary: FJD$63,961.15 + superannuation
- Status: 5 month contract (maternity leave cover)
About the role:
The Head of Pacific Net is Greenpeace Australia Pacific’s (GPAP) key operator in the Pacific Island Countries (the Pacific), responsible for ensuring high quality engagement with the Pacific Islands countries, allies, Greenpeace supporters, cyber-activists, participants and interested individuals. They are expected to play a high level role, seeking opportunities for promoting Greenpeace’s campaign objectives in the region.
The Head of Pacific Net will be responsible for:
- Maintain and foster structures for engagement with Pacific Island governments, inter-governmental forums, networks, organisations and other relevant stakeholders
- Develop opportunities for brand awareness, campaign and project involvement and growth potential within key markets
- Development of products for use in main communications channels (e.g. social media, web, community distribution, media etc.)
- Manage all communications, content and messaging targeting the Pacific and relevant regional political bodies.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in digital communications, engagement, marketing, campaigning or other relevant activity
- Understanding of activism, including digital activism and supporter development
- Demonstrate understanding of the environmental problems in the Pacific, the social and society structures and the geo-political landscape and influences