- Full-time contract covering parental leave (fixed 9-12months), Sydney Area, based in Frenchs Forest.
- A competitive package based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging options available
- Take a strategic and operational lead at an Avenue Co-Working Space, providing opportunities for people with disability to work, socialise and learn as we settle into a brand new office in Frenchs Forest!
About Fighting Chance & Avenue
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is a Co-Working Space for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs as we work to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a national network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy.
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development.
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships.
- Effective management of the operating environment of the Frenchs Forest Co-Working Space.
- Lead and proactively manage people.
- Manage participant and family relationships with a high degree of sensitivity.
- Strategic planning and budgeting to keep the Co-Working Space, staff, participants and families connected to the vision and mission of Avenue and Fighting Chance more generally.
- Demonstrate and ensure compliance with all legislation and policies and procedures to ensure appropriate health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with people we support, their families, community and other networks
- Experience in working in a team in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to be creative, take initiative and solve problems
- Highly developed administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Staff management and leadership skills
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Provisional Green or above Driver’s licence related to state of residence
- NDIS Workers screening
- Working with Children’s Check and National Police Check
- Full working rights in Australia
A full position description is attached below.