- Full-time position (4-day week will be considered)
- A competitive package based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging options available.
About Fighting Chance & Avenue:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is a Co-Working Space for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs as we work to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a national network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy.
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development.
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships.
The Learning Coordinator is one of three supporting functions in the Avenue Hub – to provide ongoing support to the Team Coordinators in the daily management of their teams.
The Learning Coordinator is responsible for facilitating participants’ individual and team-based learning & skill development, to ensure that all participants are achieving their personal goals and are strengthening their capacity to work in their team.
- Content development
- Development of Individual Learning & Skill development plans
- Leading Individual Learning & Skill Development activities
- Leading Group-based Learning & Skill Development activities
- Empowering others
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- NDIS Management
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant qualification and/or 3+ years previous experience in similar program/service delivery in the community services sector
- Experience working in and with a disability
- High bandwidth for multi-tasking
- Natural aptitude for and experience in delegation and managing people
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Total commitment to the values, behaviour and culture of Avenue and Fighting Chance
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
Find out more about Avenue and Fighting Chance.
A full Position Description is attached below.