- Full-time contract covering parental leave (fixed 9-12mths months), Sydney Area, based in Frenchs Forest.
- A competitive package based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging options available
- Take a strategic and operational lead at an Avenue work hub - a Co-Working Space, providing opportunities for people with disability to work, socialise and learn.
About Fighting Chance & Avenue
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. One of these social enterprises is Avenue.
Avenue is a Co-Working Space for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs as we work to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a national network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy.
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development.
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships.
Fighting Chance is seeking a proactive and committed Hub Manager to join a small but growing service delivery management team within our social enterprise, Avenue. You will apply your high-level administration, operational, people management and leadership skills to drive a committed workforce to deliver Avenue’s innovative Co-Working Space model for people with disability.
Reporting to the General Manager of Avenue, your key responsibilities will include:
- Effective management of the operating environment of your Co-Working Space Hub including WHS, internal and external compliance, information management, facilities management, administration and office management, volunteer management, ensuring a consistency and alignment with Fighting Chance’s overarching operating environment
- Lead and proactively manage people, with positivity, enabling your team to succeed through effective management of resources, effective recruitment, training, and collaboration, and a solutions focussed approach.
- Manage participant and family relationships with a high degree of sensitivity and knowledge around diverse CALD communities, including hub tours, initial assessments and new participant intake, individual planning and goal setting, progress reporting, family communications, and ongoing support, guidance and counsel.
- Strategic planning and budgeting to keep the Co-Working SpaceHub, staff, participants and families connected to the vision and mission of Avenue and Fighting Chance more generally.
- Management reporting to the Avenue GM and Fighting Chance headquarters
- Demonstrate and ensure compliance with all legislation and policies and procedures to ensure appropriate health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with people we support, their families, community and other networks
- Experience in working in a team in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to be creative, take initiative and solve problems
- Highly developed administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Staff management and leadership skills
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Provisional Green or above Driver’s licence related to state of residence
- Working with Children’s Check and National Police Check
- Full working rights in Australia