Are you someone who enjoys meaningful work, helping others live their life to the full? Fighting Chance is looking for a dynamic and passionate House Manager for our share house in Roseville.
About the Role
“We are three young women who love music, fashion, nail polish, bush walks, cafes, sport and visiting our families. We also happen to have some special needs. We live together in our house in Roseville. Our home is filled with warmth and love and has been set up especially for us and our needs.
We need some more wonderful people to join our circle of support. If you have experience in caring, an energetic and uplifting personality, and would like to do some meaningful work, please read on to learn more.”
About Fighting Chance
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. One of these social enterprises is our shared accommodation service.
The House Manager will need high-level administration, operational, people management and leadership skills to lead a committed team to deliver an exceptional quality of supports and a happy, safe and fulfilling home life for the girls.
Your skills and personal attributes:
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels including residents, families and carers, peers, employees, external organisations, contractors
- and suppliers.
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with competing priorities
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
- A proactive work ethic and willingness to jump in, collaborate and get any job done
- A positive and energetic personality.
- A commitment to providing responsive, person-centred and considerate care.
- Flexible and adaptive communication skills, with a willingness to learn.
What we offer:
- Competitive above-award pay with salary packaging options
- Support, mentoring, career guidance and coaching to enable your career development with progression opportunities into other leadership roles.
- A relevant qualification and/or 4+ years experience in a house management role or other relevant areas of the disability or community sectors
- Experience in direct provision of disability supports
- Experience in N4P or NGO sectors desirable
- Intermediate skills in all software platforms of MS Office Suite, Gmail and Google drive functions
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, National Police Check and Working With Children Check
- Be available and willing to work weekends, early mornings, evenings and public holidays