Treatment & Support Services Team
Directions is a progressive non-profit organisation offering a range of health interventions, services and programs aimed at maximising the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities affected by Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) issues.
This is a full time, or negotiable part time, contract position until 30th June 2020, working collaboratively within the Treatment & Support Services team, located in Woden, ACT to:
- Undertake holistic assessment of prospective clients seeking to address their alcohol, tobacco and other drug use
- Provide counselling, case management and support services to assist clients and their family/friends to improve outcomes and reduce harm associated with alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- If suitably qualified, provide specialised counselling within a trauma-informed framework
- Develop productive relationships with other Directions programs and external agencies
What we offer:
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17½% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Qualification or currently studying towards a qualification, in Counselling/Social Work/Psychology/Nursing/other relevant field and
- Cert IV or the AOD Skill Set in Alcohol and Other Drug or willingness to obtain
- Accreditation/registration in a directly relevant clinical field or be eligible for full membership of a counselling profession accreditation body is desirable
- Experience working in the Alcohol and Other Drug sector
- Experience working in case management/counselling role
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of substance use on clients and family members/friends, and good working knowledge of effective treatment and support options and harm minimisation strategies
- Demonstrated understanding of mental health problems and other comorbidities
- Experience and willingness to facilitate groups is desirable
After hours support will be required.
All appointments will be conditional upon a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People registration and Australian citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia.
Please review Position Description at http://www.directionshealth.com/career-opportunities/ for more detailed information.