Directions Health Services is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of integrated services and programs for people affected by alcohol and other drug issues, their families and the wider community. Our regional Pathways programs are based on a harm minimisation approach and are provided in a non-judgemental and respectful manner.
Part time position, 2 days per week, providing assessment, case management, counselling and support service to client in the Monaro region.
- Undertake a holistic assessment of clients seeking to address drug and alcohol use
- Provide information, education, early intervention, counselling and support to clients
- Develop effective working relationships with the local Drug and Alcohol service, other local health and community agencies, justice related agencies, Arcadia House and other Directions programs
- Willingness to travel regularly within the NSW Monaro region
What we offer:
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Salary at SCHADS Level 4 starting at $34.05 per hour plus superannuation and commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17½% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
What we would like you to have:
- Experience in the Alcohol and Other Drug sector
- Qualification or currently studying towards a qualification, in Counselling/Social Work/ Psychology/Nursing/other relevant field and Cert IV in Alcohol and Other Drug Work
- Experience and understanding of the impact of substance use on clients and family members/friends
- Working knowledge of effective AOD treatment and support options and harm minimisation strategies
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
All appointments will be conditional upon having a NSW Working with Children Check, a satisfactory National Police Check, current First Aid/CPR certificate and Australian citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia.