- Registered Nurse Division 1 Grade 4A
- Fixed term contract till end of February 2020 (Maternity Leave Cover)
- Part time – 0.5 EFT
Your New Organisation
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
DPV Health is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness and diversity. We are dedicated to attracting and retaining people from a diverse background, including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability.
A little about the role
The position sits within the Asylum Seeker Refugee Health Team under the Directorate of Allied Health and Community Services
This role has the overall responsibility for:
- Conducting Comprehensive Refugee Health Assessment (Medicare Item) for all newly arrived refugee and asylum seeker clients referred into DPV Asylum Seeker Refugee Health Program.
- Coordinating the client journey through the health system, ensuring smooth access to relevant primary health care organisations
- Current AHPRA registration as Registered Nurse Division 1
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build a rapport with the client, external Settlement Support Case Workers and other health care professionals such as GPs
- Previous experience in a primary health care setting working within a diverse multicultural community
- Experience working with interpreting services
- Proficiency in client e file systems;
- Trak e file and Medical Director used at DPV
- Demonstrated ability to support a coordinated approach by working with a range of stakeholders to improve health access for newly arrived refugee clients
About the perks
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
- Work-Life Balance – we understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing – we promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide flu vaccinations on site and free, confidential counselling services are available just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customized content. Accompanied by face to face training, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
- DPV Day – We invest a whole day off site for all staff for an interactive, informative and engaging day of workshops, strategic plan presentations and lots more!
The fine print
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Policy Check, hold a valid WWCC and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- Full driver license and travel between sites required
- You may be asked to either provide or register for a Medicare and MBS provider number and agree to donate the total amount from this work to DPV Health.
To view the position description, please see the attachment below or visit the Get Involved > Employment page on the DPV Health Website at www.dpvhealth.org.au.