- 1 year contract (October 2019 – September 2020)
- 3- 4 days per week
- Est. employment contract value: $70-80K pro rata + 9.5% superannuation
- Pro-rata employment conditions
CuriousWorks is looking for a skilled Social Enterprise Business Development and Program Manager with community engagement/ CACD experience. Candidates will have video production knowledge, business development and commercial acumen. The right candidate will be able to communicate our unique social enterprise service offering to a variety of stakeholders and work towards achieving a set income target. They will also be able to co-ordinate and manage each job opportunity as it arises, including artist engagement, client liaison, as well as project, staff and budget management.
- a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience to the role
- professional experience in community engagement/ community arts and cultural development
- professional experience in video production
- professional experience in business development, forging new partnership and negotiating contracts and job opportunities with a variety of stakeholders
- a track record of successfully hitting income generation goals
- a track record of managing projects, staff and budgets
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- astute cultural awareness and demonstrated cross-cultural partnership experience
- excellent project management, planning, producing and organisational skills
- established professional protocols and demonstrated practice in working closely with artists, emerging artists, community members and young people
- must have a current NSW Drivers Licence and WWCC
1. Identify and build new opportunities to expand the Social Enterprise Program
- Identify new opportunities for community, corporate, education and/or government partners/clients to engage CuriousWorks’ to deliver our social enterprise services, including community engagement and multimedia making.
- Develop pitch documents and actively promote the Social Enterprise Program to target clients and implement strategic partnership campaigns to build the business/ clientele.
- Where required, envisage and co-design dynamic CACD programs in consultation and collaboration with prospective clients.
- Ensure CuriousWorks’ Social Enterprise goals of income growth for the company and skills development opportunities and paired mentorship for young people are achieved through this program.
Additional $30,000 in new client income towards 2019 Program
$200,000 in new client income towards 2020 Program (taking over the current portfolio of works in pipeline)
2. Project Manager across Social Enterprise Program
Coordinate communication between CuriousWorks, client, community partners, stakeholders, emerging artists and lead artists on each job:
- Build appropriately skilled teams of lead artists & emerging artists to design, facilitate and/or deliver each job.
- Manage the engagement of artists, including issuing contracts, briefing job roles and responsibilities, ensuring safe working protocols, WWCC and risk management compliance, milestone completion and quality control.
- Manage production of all project outcomes, working with project leads and other CuriousWorks staff
- Manage client relationships and maximise client re-engagement of CuriousWorks wherever possible
- Mentor emerging artists when/where possible/appropriate and ensure the lead artist provides a clear brief to assistants on every job and if possible additional support when required.
- Manage the project budget, ensuring all expenditure is within job budget and company surplus is achievable within scope of work.
- Perform planning and evaluation of the Social Enterprise Program, including the identification of professional development, networking and leadership training opportunities, and input into individual ‘pathways’ planning in accordance with CuriousWorks Planning and Evaluation framework.
CuriousWorks are a Western Sydney based community arts and media organisation. Through our industry-leading arts and social enterprise programs, we develop the talent of Western Sydney’s working class, First Nations and CaLD young people as emerging artists, writers, filmmakers and cultural leaders. Through deep, long-term engagement and inclusive art making we produce powerful, cultural artworks that engage at the grassroots. Our work fosters social connection and supports strong and culturally vibrant communities.
CuriousWorks is an equal opportunity employer and encourage Western Sydney based, ATSI and CaLD workers to apply. Unfortunately, due to the location of our office, we are not an accessible employer for mobility.