- Work differently in an innovative family home
- Permanent Part Time
- Above Award Wages
- Growing organisation with a flexible and collaborative approach
- Various Shifts Available including Sleepover Support
Become part of a fabulous team providing support to a parent and young adult son living in the Northern Beaches.
This Community Support Worker position is an opportunity to work in a warm, friendly family home. A Sydney Northern Beaches family- a parent and young adult son both living with disability- are currently recruiting suitable individuals to build a team of support staff.
Permanent Part Time positions are available with a range of rostered shifts on offer across 7 days and may involve some sleepovers. Comprehensive induction will be provided.
Regular long shifts are available across a fortnight roster. Suitable for a Northern Beaches/North Shore resident but the long shifts available may suit you if you live in an outer region.
What you will do:
- Make a real difference to this family’s life
- Support a family’s genuine autonomy and independence
- Work with the family to develop and implement programs that they have directed
- Receive guidance and direction from the family you support and the team at CCA
What we’re looking for:
- We are putting together a small team, to become a vital part of getting it all together. If you have a great attitude towards working with people, and are motivated to explore options that will help them have the same opportunities, control and high expectations that you have for your own life, we would love for you to become part of the team
- A current driver’s licence is essential for this position and whilst previous experience in supporting people with physical or intellectual disabilities is preferred, it is not essential
- Having a professional background would be wonderful
The successful candidate will value:
- Each person’s right to inclusive opportunities
- Supporting a family to enable an independent, typical life
- Working at the cutting edge in person-centred, disability support
Why work with Community Connections Australia (CCA)?
We are an established and trusted disability organisation with a focus on innovative and creative approaches to providing truly customised services that help people live their life, their way.
- Regular permanent working hours
- Salary is paid in accordance with SCHADS award depending on experience
- Benefits including shift penalty loading, accrued annual leave and sick leave
- Support from CCA and the benefits of working within a well-established organisation, a supportive team and a family environment
- Flexibility in your working life that accommodates the needs of the employer and employees, in partnership