- The position is based in Sydney and is full time.
- Salary is 60-70K.
- This role is a maternity replacement position running from April/May to end January 2020.
About the organisation:
Acting to combat climate change is the world’s most pressing environmental challenge.
Climate Friendly is a profit-for-purpose business, single-mindedly focused on growth to maximise our impact on climate change. After a period of successful growth and diversification, Climate Friendly has restructured to focus on its Australian carbon project business. It is currently one of the largest developers of carbon projects in Australia, with approximately 80 carbon farming projects under management.
Climate Friendly has a target of reducing emissions by 25 million tonnes by 2020 and 100 million tonnes by 2025.
About the role:
The role of this position not only involves the financing functions such as accounts payable, receivable, payroll and statutory reports preparation but also involves working with all areas of the business to make sure that the company’s funds are stable and accessible when necessary.
Key outcomes/ accountabilities:
Include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the main financial and accounting functions within the organisation (including all subsidiaries such as CFFS), including general ledger, payables, receivables, payroll, bank reconciliation, credit card transactions etc.
- Prepare month end and quarter end accounts including making adjustment journals, credit card reconciliation, bank reconciliation, legal bills summary, leave balance summary etc.
- Prepare timely and accurate invoices to clients, maintain ACCU tracking sheet, drafting invoices on behalf of third parties to related parties. Maintain secondary trade invoices, Native title related invoicing and payment issues and reconcile invoicing report with budgeting report. Prepare the periodical reports (closed invoice and ageing report) as required, monitor the debt levels and chase for overdue debtors.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment to suppliers, payroll and other statutory liability (Super, PAYG, payroll tax etc.). Prepare monthly payroll, super and maintain leave management system.
- Managing the accounts email address
- Assisting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with implementation of a new accounting package.
- Be responsible for the continuous improvement of accounting and financial function to ensure the efficient and effective operation within the organisation.
- Maintaining and updating the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensure the effectiveness of internal control procedures (company policies) in order to minimise the risk of financial statement misstatement and financial loss to the company.
- Preparation and lodgement of quarterly Business Activity Statements. Preparation and lodgement of annual PAYG payment summaries and lodgement with ATO. Liaise with external tax accountant to finalise CF company tax lodgement.
Knowledge Skills & Experience:
Include but are not limited to:
- Background in accounting, CPA or CA qualified
- Communication skill – Identify the relevancy of financial data and convert it to decision supporting information to both internal and external parties
- Experience working in a small company environment
- Highly organised with the ability to work unsupervised