Based In St Kilda, Christ Church Mission Community Centre is committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive and supportive environment for all members of the community.
We have a small team of staff who are supported by volunteers in the provision of emergency relief, food parcels, a community dinner, material aid and socially inclusive activities. The Community Centre is seeking keen volunteers who have an interest in:
- Cooking and/or serving of a free weekly 'Open House' community meal provided at the Community Centre each Wednesday.
- Being part of 'Garden Nomads' which assists frail, elderly or disabled local households who are struggling to maintain their gardens.
- Growing fresh food and other plants in our Community Kitchen Garden each Thursday afternoon and holding monthly plant sales.
- Assisting with 'Neighbour Connect' a weekly chair-based yoga exercise class, followed by by an informal get-together with lunch and an activity to help improve English language skills.
- Driving to pick up or deliver food every second Tuesday.
- Helping to clean the Community Centre.