- Based in East Melbourne with travel to CatholicCare Victoria and Tasmania locations, as required
- Full time maximum term contract until 30 June 2023
- Salary packaging & extra paid leave benefits
An opportunity has arisen for a talented Emergency Relief Manager to work with our team based at our East Melbourne Office on a maximum term contract until 30 June 2023.
Reporting to the CatholicCare Director of Operations, this role will provide subject matter expertise, leadership, support, coordination of consistency of delivery and expert advice to CatholicCare Victoria Tasmania (CCVT) to ensure effective management of all Emergency Relief (ER) Services delivered under the CCVT DSS ER Contract. This contract entails the timely provision of material aid assistance and/or financial assistance to meet immediate crisis needs of clients experiencing financial hardship.
Key responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Implement and manage the CCVT ER Steering Committee to achieve strategic outcomes and drive policy and practice change
- Design and conduct in-depth ER delivery reviews via analysis of Penelope, DEX data, CCVT finance data, and other sources to provide specialist site reviews
- Manage the development of an evidence base and validated model of best practice ER delivery with supporting assessment, benchmarking and outcome measurement tools
- Develop a structured training program for staff and volunteers to support ER implementation
- Develop funding tenders and provide specialist assistance and leadership in funding applications to DSS
- Support the development of any funding proposals for cooperate sponsorship to expand CCVT delivery of ER Services
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant higher education or vocational qualification in social work, allied health, welfare, community development
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of social justice, issues facing clients and respect for clients who are vulnerable and in crisis
- Strong track record in the Management of ER Services
- Extensive knowledge and experience in DSS ER Contractual delivery and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated leadership skills, in particular experience in leading and managing people to achieve desired outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to manage and support the establishment and maintenance of multi-site ER delivery models built on common quality standards and consistence of client service delivery
- Excellent communication skills – ability to liaise, constructively negotiate and problem solve with all relevant stakeholders
- High level of numeracy (financial literacy) to enable competency in developing financial management framework and interrogating service performance data, financial budgets and reports and quality measures
- Experience with other forms of technical writing for operational reporting and acquittals, funding applications and standard ‘business’ communications
In return you will work in a supportive team environment and will receive attractive staff benefits!
For a detailed position description see the attachment below or go to our website.