- Position Status: Part-Time Temporary / Job Share Position
- Term: 6-months, with the possibility of an additional 6-month extension
- Work Days / Hours: 2 days / 14.5 hours per week (Tuesday, Wednesday or Wednesday / Thursday negotiable)
- Reference Number: 12936
- Salary Range: $71,757.43 - $76,644.01 pro-rata per annum
- Location: 119 – 145 Spence Street, Cairns Queensland
Don't miss your opportunity to snap up this fantastic role with our Strategic Planning & Sustainability team!
Enjoy working in a dynamic and cohesive team on rewarding projects delivering corporate and local sustainability outcomes.
In this role you will have diverse opportunities to apply your creative flair to community engagement initiatives and strategic eye to further develop sustainability programs, ensuring no two days are the same. The Sustainability Officer role is also responsible for providing specialist advice, organisational reporting and project management to support the achievement of the goals set out in the corporate plan and Council’s commitment to reduce single-use plastics.
Council offers the following benefits, including 5 weeks’ annual leave (pro-rata), 12% contribution to superannuation, health and well-being programs and access to a subsidised fitness membership.
Qualifications and experience required are:
- Degree qualification in a relevant discipline;
- Demonstrated experience relevant to the position;
- Current Drivers Licence;
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of education or marketing resources;
- Proven experience in project management and community engagement;
- Highly developed research and report writing, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent presentation skills with a proven ability to effectively communicate information to a broad range of audience;
- High level of initiative with the ability to work autonomously and positively contribute as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels to achieve desired outcomes.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following pre‑employment assessments / checks:-
- Pre‑employment medical, which will include a functional capacity assessment and drug and alcohol test.
- National police / criminal history check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification / Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to work visa
For a full listing of the key duties and responsibilities and full selection criteria please click here and download a copy of the information kit.